Monday 26 June 2017

i "should be" excited

Tonight i'm flying out to Europe. I'll be staying with my in-laws for a few days before heading off to Copenhagen and onto Illulissat in Greenland. In freaking Greenland. A once in a lifetime trip! Entry number 14 in Floris' impressive bucket list which would have been 27 out of 116 by the time I'm done. 

I should really be more excited.

Knowing myself though, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. There are other people in that expedition that I'd be bunking in with for 16 days, so I'll make the most out of it. And if not, the icebergs would probably pick me up. Hopefully it wouldn't remind me too much of that Iceland trip, that was by far the most memorable adventure I ever had, which unfortunately happened to be with you-know-who. 

I'm looking forward for this trip to top it off, though, because this trip would be all about me. Maybe being away from it all, and being literally at the edge of the world, would stir some sort of enlightenment in me. Maybe seeing the simplicity in life in those remote parts will help me appreciate what I have, what I still have, and aim for getting my life back together.

Maybe. But who knows. It's always easier to be glum and wait for the end of the world, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Bukit Timah Railway Station

I am clearly not a person who has FOMO because if I did, I wouldn't have just walked past this unpaved and rather remote path many times...